The MISSING podcast series will explore issues around child protection in India, sexual abuse, adolescent sexuality, children in conflict with the law, cyber safety, and more.
The Missing Link Trust is one of India’sIndia’s leading organizations working to prevent sex trafficking through awareness, education, and empowerment. The brainchild of Leena Kejriwal, Missing is an award-winning anti-trafficking campaign using art & technology to create awareness against sex trafficking.
The podcast is set to explore issues concerning child safety and protection in India, child sexual abuse, adolescent sexuality, children in conflict with the law, cyber safety, and more. Through the experience and insight from experts in the space and looking at real-life cases that have found their way into the public eye, we see how each one of us can play an active role in preventing this issue that is much closer to home than we realize. Our intention is to build awareness of cyber safety, adolescent sexuality, and the reintegration of survivors.
- It will feature experts in the law and NGO space, such as:
- Suresh Kumar – lawyer and author of ”Child Trafficking: The Fight for Freedom.”
- Hasina Kharbhih – founder of Impulse NGO Network
- Bharti Ali and Enakshi Ganguly – Co-founders of HAQ: Centre for Child Rights
- Batali Ganguly – Founder member of Jabala Action Research Organisation
- Ravi Kant – Advocate and Founder of Shakti Vahini
- Dr. Karnika Seth – Lawyer, writer, educator, policymaker, and legal advisor to the Ministry of Information Technology)
- Sebastian Edassery – Director & Chief Security Officer at Deloitte, who is also associated with organizations like Interpol, the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (ICMEC)
- Dr. Debarati Halder – Advocate and cyber victim counselor
- Dr. Danielle Knafo – Clinical psychologist and author of ”The Age of Perversion’Perversion’
- Nirali Bhatia – Cyber psychologist
- Puneeta Roy – Founder Trustee of The Yuva Ekta Foundation
- Priti Patkar – Co-founder and Director of the non-profit, Prerana, has done pioneering work in the red-light districts of Mumbai
Leena Kejriwal, the founder, of The Missing Link Trust, says
“Through gathering a better understanding of sex trafficking in India, we find out that it is much closer to home than we realize. The experiences and insights from experts in the field aren’taren’t decades old, and the real-life cases that we’ll be discussing aren’taren’t too far behind in the past… it is very much happening in the present, and its it’s something that we need to collectively work towards preventing in the future. ” “