SAN FRANCISCO, May 5, 2021: The global buttock augmentation market size is anticipated to reach USD 6.6 billion by 2028, according to the new report of Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 22.0% from 2021 to 2028. Buttock augmentation also called gluteal augmentation is a technique used to contour, size, and enhance the appearance. A buttock lift is reported to improve the tone of the underlying tissue and is mainly done by using implants, fat grafting, or sometimes a combination of the two.
Key suggestions from the report:
- By procedure, the buttock implant procedure segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 as techniques like fat grafting and butt lift are more in demand and has faster post-operative healing
- Based on implant type, the fat grafting segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 as this procedure is less complicated, takes less operative time, and has more success rate
- In North America, the market accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 as the region has a high awareness of such procedure and there is high availability of aesthetic professionals
- In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to grow significantly in the forecast period owing to technological advancements and an increase in patients opting for procedures to improve aesthetic appearances
Factors like rising technological advancement in aesthetics, rising disposable income, increasing aesthetic consciousness and the high success rate of augmentation procedures are propelling the market growth. According to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, around 5, 34,345 butt augmentation and lift procedures were carried out globally in 2019. Buttock augmentation accounts for 4.7% of total surgical procedures globally.
Growing social media influence, high consciousness towards aesthetic appearance, and its association with self-confidence and self-image by an individual are some of the reasons for market growth. In the light of COVID-19, the market was hampered as patient appointments for surgical treatments were temporarily suspended. However, since the government in many countries has allowed resuming elective surgical procedures, clinics have also started buttock lift and grafting procedures again. Moreover, according to the BBC network, inquiries and appointments for many surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments have seen a surge following the pandemic and are thus expected to propel market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global buttock augmentation market on the basis of product, end-use, and region:
- Buttock Augmentation Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Buttock Implants
- Silicone Gel implants
- Fat grafting
- Buttock Injections
- Hydrogel Butt Injections
- PMMA Butt Injections
- Poly-L-lactic acid
- Silicone Butt Injections
- Buttock Implants
- Buttock Augmentation End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Aesthetic Clinics
- Buttock Augmentation Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
List of Key Players of Buttock Augmentation Market
- Sientra, Inc
- POLYTECH Health & Aesthetics,
- Merz North America, Inc
- Spectrum Designs Medical
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Cosmetic Implants Market – Global Cosmetic Implants Market is expected to reach USD 9.29 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc.
- Body Contouring Devices and Procedures Market – The global body contouring devices market size is expected to reach USD 4.5 billion by 2025 at a 13.8% CAGR over the forecast period.
- Aesthetic Medicine Market – The global aesthetic medicine market size is expected to reach USD 124.7 billion by 2028 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.8% from 2021 to 2028.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research