DUBLIN, May 11, 2021 The “Gastrointestinal Drugs Global Market Report 2021: COVID-19 Implications and Growth to 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report covers this critical market and the impact on it from the COVID-19 virus. It provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the increasing demand for gastrointestinal drugs. Vitamins and Minerals play a crucial role in the treatment of patients with COVID-19 as they are used as immunity boosters.
The global gastrointestinal drugs market is expected to grow from $46.68 billion in 2020 to $48.74 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4%. The change in growth trend is mainly due to the companies stabilizing their output after catering to the demand that grew exponentially during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. The market is expected to reach $62.19 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 6%.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
- Understand how the market is experiencing rapid growth due to the coronavirus and how it is likely to stabilize as the impact of the virus abates.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the gastrointestinal drugs market? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The Gastrointestinal Drugs Market global report answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider gastrointestinal drugs market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the influence of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its growth.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the growth trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The gastrointestinal drugs market section of the report gives context. It compares the gastrointestinal drugs market with other segments of the gastrointestinal drugs market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, gastrointestinal drugs indicators comparison.
Major companies in the gastrointestinal drugs market include Takeda Pharmaceticals; Allergan Plc; Novo Nordisk A/S; AstraZeneca Plc and Johnson & Johnson.
The gastrointestinal drugs market consists of sales of gastrointestinal drugs by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that produce gastrointestinal drugs to treat gastrointestinal diseases such as ulcerative colitis, diverticular disease, perianal infections, anal fissures, hemorrhoids, constipation, and irritable bowel syndrome. The key gastrointestinal diseases drug categories include Anti-peptic agents (antacids, antagonists, Proton Pump Inhibitors, Sucralfate, and Misoprostol), antiemetics, adsorbents, anticholinergics, opiates, intestinal flora modifiers, emollient/surfactants, hyperosmotic, saline, and simulant/irritant. The gastrointestinal drugs market is segmented into antacids; antiulcerants; vitamin and minerals; antiobesity; antiemetics and antinauseants; and antidiarrhoeals.
North America was the largest region in the global gastrointestinal drugs market, accounting for 48% of the market in 2020. Asia Pacific was the second largest region accounting for 24% of the global gastrointestinal drugs market. Africa was the smallest region in the global gastrointestinal drugs market.
Major companies in the gastrointestinal drug industry are investing in making oral capsules of macromolecular drugs for gastrointestinal diseases for making the drug more effective. Macromolecular drugs, such as peptides, proteins, and antibodies, form a new class of drugs which can treat diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, such as inflammatory bowel disease. These macromolecular drugs are usually injected and only a fraction of the administered dose reaches the disease sites in the gastrointestinal tract. Thus, major companies such as Eli Lilly have been increasingly investing in making oral capsules for macromolecular drugs. In December 2017, the company invested $5 million to enter into a collaboration with Entrega to study the oral delivery of complex molecules, such as peptides to combat gastrointestinal diseases.
During the historic period, the growth of the gastrointestinal drugs market was restrained by patent expiration of branded gastrointestinal drugs. In general, pharmaceutical companies invest a large sum of money in the drug development process and patents. During the patency period, the company holding the patent holds exclusivity for the manufacturing and distribution of drugs. Post expiration of patency, generic versions of the drugs are manufactured by other companies with prices much lower than the original branded drugs. Overall, this negatively impacts the growth of the market in terms of value.
The aging population profile of most countries contributed to the growth of the gastrointestinal drugs market. The increase in patient pool due to rising geriatric population globally, contributed significantly to the growth of the market during the historic period. According to the Population Reference Bureau, the share of population over the age of 65 in the global population increased from 8% in 2015 to 9% in 2019. The global population aged 65 years or over was 703 million in 2019. This rise in the geriatric population increased the demand for medical care and drove the healthcare expenditure. This has led to increased demand for pharmaceuticals products, significantly impacting market growth during this period.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Characteristics
3.1. Market Definition
3.2. Key Segmentations
4. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Product Analysis
4.1. Leading Products/ Services
4.2. Key Features and Differentiators
4.3. Development Products
5. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Supply Chain
5.1. Supply Chain
5.3. End Customers
6. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Customer Information
6.1. Customer Preferences
6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Trends and Strategies
8. Impact of COVID-19 on Gastrointestinal Drugs
9. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Size and Growth
9.1. Market Size
9.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
9.2.1. Drivers of the Market
9.2.2. Restraints on the Market
9.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
9.3.1. Drivers of the Market
9.3.2. Restraints on the Market
10. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Regional Analysis
10.1. Global Gastrointestinal Drugs Market, 2020, by Region, Value ($ Billion)
10.2. Global Gastrointestinal Drugs Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Historic and Forecast, by Region
10.3. Global Gastrointestinal Drugs Market, Growth and Market Share Comparison, by Region
11. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Segmentation
11.1. Global Gastrointestinal Drugs Market, Segmentation by Type
11.2. Global Gastrointestinal Drugs Market, Segmentation by Distribution Channel
11.3. Global Gastrointestinal Drugs Market, Segmentation by Route of Administration
11.4. Global Gastrointestinal Drugs Market, Segmentation by Drug Classification, Historic and Forecast
11.5. Global Gastrointestinal Drugs Market, Segmentation by Mode of Purchase, Historic and Forecast
12. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Metrics
12.1. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Size, Percentage of GDP, 2015-2025, Global
12.2. Per Capita Average Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Expenditure, 2015-2025, Global
13. Asia-Pacific Gastrointestinal Drugs Market
14. Western Europe Gastrointestinal Drugs Market
15. Eastern Europe Gastrointestinal Drugs Market
16. North America Gastrointestinal Drugs Market
17. South America Gastrointestinal Drugs Market
18. Middle East Gastrointestinal Drugs Market
19. Africa Gastrointestinal Drugs Market
20. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Competitive Landscape
20.1. Competitive Market Overview
20.2. Market Shares
20.3. Company Profiles
20.3.1. Takeda Pharmaceticals
220.127.116.11. Company Overview
18.104.22.168. Products and Services
22.214.171.124. Financial Performance
20.3.2. Allergan Plc
126.96.36.199. Company Overview
188.8.131.52. Products and Services
184.108.40.206. Financial Performance
20.3.3. Novo Nordisk A/S
220.127.116.11. Company Overview
18.104.22.168. Products and Services
22.214.171.124. Financial Performance
20.3.4. AstraZeneca Plc
126.96.36.199. Company Overview
188.8.131.52. Products and Services
184.108.40.206. Financial Performance
20.3.5. Johnson & Johnson
220.127.116.11. Company Overview
18.104.22.168. Products and Services
22.214.171.124. Financial Performance
21. Key Mergers and Acquisitions in the Gastrointestinal Drugs Market
22. Market Background: Pharmaceutical Drugs Market
22.1. Pharmaceutical Drugs Market Characteristics
22.2. Pharmaceutical Drugs Market Historic and Forecast, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F Growth, by Segment, Value ($ Billion), Global
22.3. Global Pharmaceutical Drugs Market, 2020, by Region, Value ($ Billion)
22.4. Global Pharmaceutical Drugs Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Historic and Forecast, by Region
22.5. Global Pharmaceutical Drugs Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Segmentation by Type, Value ($ Billion)
23.1. Global Gastrointestinal Drugs Market in 2025 – Growth Countries
23.2. Global Gastrointestinal Drugs Market in 2025 – Growth Segments
23.3. Global Gastrointestinal Drugs Market in 2025 – Growth Strategies
25. Copyright and Disclaimer