Odisha boasts a 500-kilometer-long coastline that is studded with some of India’s most gorgeous beaches
Odisha boasts a 500-kilometer-long coastline that is studded with some of India’s most gorgeous beaches. The beaches of Scenic Serene Sublime – Odisha’s Chandipur on Sea and Gopalpur on Sea are famed for their vast lengths of golden sand, cold winds, deep blue Sea of the Bay of Bengal, and unusual marine life.
- Chandipur Beach – Chandipur beach, also known as Chandipur on Sea, is one of the most unusual and uncommon beaches on the planet. Water receding up to 5 kilometers during the ebb tide. Chandipur on Sea is located in the Baleswar district and is home to various marine species, including horseshoe crabs and sea fish.
- Gopalpur Beach – Gopalpur beach in Ganjam district in Odisha’s most famous sea beach and a major tourist attraction. Gopalpur on Sea used to be a commercial port with a lighthouse and a fishing business, but it is now known for its singular beauty and beach scenery.
- Puri Beach – Puri beach, on the Bay of Bengal’s coast, is Odisha’s most popular tourist destination. The beach is particularly well-known for Sudarshan Pattnaik’s sand art exhibitions and the annual Puri beach festival.
- Chandrabhaga Beach – The Blue Flag-certified Chandrabhaga beach, located near the temple town of Konark, is one of Odisha’s most environmentally friendly and pristine beaches. This Blue Flag beach is close to the Konark Sun Temple, a World Heritage Site.
- Konark Beach – Konark Beach is India’s best beach and a popular tourist destination in Odisha, near the renowned Ramchandi Temple.
- Talasari Beach – Talasari beach in the Baleswar district is a lesser-known Odisha beach featuring coconut trees, Casuarina trees, and palm trees. The surrounding areas of Talasari beach provide breathtaking views of the dawn and sunset.