The Great India Run has been flagged off from the iconic Lal Chowk in Srinagar this evening. The relay run will cover 829 kilometers across four states from Srinagar to New Delhi from August 5 to August 15. The run celebrates the 75th AzadiKaAmritMahotsav and the ‘HarGharTiranga’ campaign. An initiative of iTV& iTV Foundation, the run builds on the success of the first chapter of the Great India Run held in 2016.
The Great India Run Flags-off in Srinagar was done from Lal Chowk, Srinagar, by Shri Manoj Sinha, L-G J&K, and Shri Kartik Sharma, Rajya Sabha MP, in support of the ‘HarGharTiranga’ campaign, the L-G handed the lead runner a national flag after unfurling it at the venue. The first leg of the run is being led by Arun Bhardwaj, an Ultra-marathon runner.
- 829 KM relay run from Lal Chowk, Srinagar, to New Delhi
- Run to carry the national flag in support of the ‘HarGharTiranga’ campaign
- Flag-off did by L-G J&K Manoj Sinha
- Rajya Sabha MP Kartik Sharma wishes Tiranga carrying runners
- PT Usha& other sporting legends to take part during the run
- Indians from all across the country & all walks of life participating