PNB, through its exclusive scheme for AGNIVEERS ‘PNB AGNI RAKSHAK SCHEME’ offers free personal accidental insurance and various benefits and features
The Punjab National Bank (PNB), the country’s premier public sector bank, today inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Army to supply specially designed goods to Agniveers through the bank’s proprietary ‘PNB AGNI RAKSHAK’ scheme.
This scheme comprises, among other things, personal accidental insurance, air-accidental insurance for all Agniveers, as well as a zero balance payroll account with Sweep facility, Internet banking, and Alerts, among other things.
The signing ceremony of MoU was chaired by Lt Gen C. B. Ponnappa, AVSM, VSM (Adjutant General) along with other senior Army Officers and officials from Ministry of Defence.
The MoU was exchanged between Lt Gen. V Sreehari, SC, SM, DG (MP & PS) on behalf of the Indian Army, and Shri Sunil Soni, CGM, PNB, in a ceremony at the Indian Army Headquarters in Delhi.
Expressing gratitude for the association, Lt Gen C. B. Ponnappa, AVSM, VSM (Adjutant General) said, “Over the past few years, banks have been quick in releasing payments for insurance claims and addressing immediate requirements.
Further, with new digital services and awareness campaigns, banks are now even more accessible in rural areas, which has been a boon for defence professionals and their families.
Hence, I am grateful that these financial institutions are now extending their advanced services with the same responsibility to our Agniveers.”
PNB Agni Rakshak Scheme has been designed in line with the PNB’s flagship Rakshak Plus Scheme for Defence Personnel.
PNB Agni Rakshak Salary Account includes:
- PNB Agni Rakshak – Most convenient salary account covering all Agniveers
- Overdraft, Sweep Facility, Debit Card, Credit Card, Locker, Chequebook, Alerts, and Internet Banking are some of the enticing banking services that come with a Zero Balance payroll account.
- Personal Accidental Insurance (PAI) worth Rs. 50 lakhs is provided free of charge.
- 100 lakhs in free air accident (death) insurance
- PAI offers a variety of advantages and add-on features, including an additional PAI of Rs. 10 lakhs in the event of a terror attack, child education, female child marriage coverage, imported medicine, plastic surgery, and so on.