By PR Newswire
WASHINGTON, Jan. 28, 2021 — As part of the United States Mint’s (Mint) ongoing efforts to improve customer satisfaction, streamline production, and reduce program costs, the Mint will launch a new pre-order system and begin accepting pre-orders for its 2021 commemorative coin programs on January 28, 2021. Introductory pricing will continue to be in effect for the first 30 days of pre-orders. Anticipated product shipping dates are published on the Mint’s online catalog product pages.
By law, the Mint must recover all its costs associated with a commemorative coin program before it is authorized to pay program surcharges to the designated recipient organization. This includes the cost of production and assembly of unsold inventory and the costs associated with melting excess inventory after each program has concluded.
The Mint’s new pre-order system will extend and equalize the selling periods for both commemorative coin programs while simultaneously reducing potential surplus inventory, and is expected to reduce product backorders and improve both the customer experience and the likelihood that recipient organizations will receive program surcharges. The Mint believes that its new system will help manage commemorative coin inventory and control costs for these programs.This was shared to Prittle Prattle News by a Press Release.
Christa McAuliffe Commemorative Silver Dollar
Authorized by Public Law 116-65, the Christa McAuliffe Silver Dollar recognizes the former social studies teacher who in 1985 was chosen to be the first participant in the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s Teacher in Space program. On January 28, 1986, McAuliffe and six astronauts were tragically killed during the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster. Surcharges in the amount of $10 for each silver dollar sold are authorized to be paid to the For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST®) robotics program for the purpose of engaging and inspiring young people, through mentor-based programs, to become leaders in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum Commemorative Coins
The National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum Commemorative Coin Program will feature unique designs on a gold coin, a silver coin, and a half dollar as authorized by Public Law 116-94. The National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum’s mission is to honor and commemorate the extraordinary service and sacrifice of America’s law enforcement officers and serve as a bridge between past and present, as well as between peace officers and the public. Surcharges in the amounts of $35 for each $5 gold coin, $10 for each silver dollar, and $5 for each half dollar are authorized to be paid to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, Inc., for educational and outreach programs and exhibits.
To place your pre-order for the Christa McAuliffe Silver Dollar, visit:
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/christa-mcauliffe-2021-proof-silver-dollar-21CH.html(product code 21CH)
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/christa-mcauliffe-2021-uncirculated-silver-dollar-21CJ.htm l (product code 21CJ)
To place your pre-order for the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum Commemorative Coin Program, visit:
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/national-law-enforcement-memorial-and-museum-2021-proof-5-gold-coin-21CA.html (product code 21CA)
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/national-law-enforcement-memorial-and-museum-2021-uncirculated-5-gold-coin-21CB.html (product code 21CB)
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/national-law-enforcement-memorial-and-museum-2021-proof-silver-dollar-21CC.html (product code 21CC)
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/national-law-enforcement-memorial-and-museum-2021-uncirculated-silver-dollar-21CD.html (product code 21CD)
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/national-law-enforcement-memorial-and-museum-2021-proof-clad-half-dollar-21CE.htm l (product code 21CE)
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/national-law-enforcement-memorial-and-museum-2021-uncirculated-clad-half-dollar-21CF.html (product code 21CF)
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/national-law-enforcement-memorial-and-museum-2021-three-coin-proof-set-21CG.html (product code 21CG)
About the United States Mint
Congress created the United States Mint in 1792, and the Mint became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. As the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage, the Mint is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; silver and bronze medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. Its numismatic programs are self-sustaining and operate at no cost to taxpayers.
- Please click here to place a pre-order for 2021 commemorative coins.
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/coins/coin-medal-programs/commemorative-coins/christa-mcauliffe for more information about the Christa McAuliffe Silver Dollar.
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/learn/coin-and-medal-programs/commemorative-coins/national-law-enforcement-memorial-and-museum for more information about the National Law Enforcement Museum Commemorative Coin Program.
- Visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/email-signup to subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, news releases, and public statements.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.