Prittle Prattle News in conversation with Ms. Anjali Balan, Founder, Svech’s Eco-Friendly Yoga Mats
Svech is a sustainable brand founded by Anjali Balan, a law student and an inherent entrepreneur who has dabbled with franchise outlets of well-known FMCG brands. The idea to start a brand of her own came about from her interest in holistic well-being with a need to enhance the quality of products to aid yoga and workouts. During her research for creating an eco-friendly product that was also reasonably priced, she wanted to build a brand that involved all the aspects of nature and studied the Indian market to identify the gaps. This came about with Svech in 2020, and in a short span of 2 years, the brand has gained deserved recognition. Being promoted in her yoga workouts, actress Vidya Malvade hailed the brand as a good workout mat, unlike other mats that use plastic (PVC), which is terrible for the lungs, linking it to cancer. Svech competes in the marketplace with a very niche set of brands and is available on top portals like Amazon, Cred, etc.
- Could you describe more about the range of products/ services you offer? What is unique about your business?
We at Svech sell eco-friendly yoga mats and accessories which are good-looking and durable. Often, eco-friendly is associated with a boring but it comes with a vibe that’s good for nature.
- Evolution in the past few years in the industry
Svech is one of the few players selling these products. We started at the end of the pandemic.
- 4 Business-to-Customer Success Factors
We have grown from a website and small storage to being on good platforms like cred, amazon, sustain kart, etc. We also have a retail presence in Goa and Kannur.
- How did the company raise funding, or are you looking forward to the same?
We live by the funda of giving back to the planet and putting customers first. We plant trees under the name of our customers whose purchases exceed 5K. This is in association with the NGO Sankalpa Taru.
- Explain B2C Outlook: Post Covid-19 Scenario by 2030.
Covid was a blessing in disguise as we had celebrities like vidya malasada use our product, and we were getting highlighted in the press due to our presence on good platforms like north alps, cred, etc
- Why did you choose this industry over any other space?
I love yoga and working out and felt the need for a reasonably priced, eco-friendly yoga mat.
- Inspiring quote for aspiring youth.
Trust yourself and take the leap rest will follow.Ms. Anjali Balan, Founder, Svech’s Eco-Friendly Yoga Mats
- Do you like participating in CSR initiatives, and what motivates you?
Regarding CSR, I contribute to the Akshay patra foundation, gift a smile, and plant trees. I am also actively involved with NGOs
- Could you elaborate on the challenges you encountered while establishing and retaining?