Mumbai – The credibility of the movie censored board is at stake. If we see the central board of film certification regulating under the provisions of the Cinematograph Act 1952.As apex institution regulations norms changed over a time. But moral policing on Movies and OTT platforms is required at all? Or does the audience need to see content from a different perspective? This is the biggest question mark for Indians right now. Let us check the background and outcome of it.
The Father of Indian cinema, Dr.Dadasaheb Phalke, has changed the film industry scenario in India. It is almost invented on the Indian continent. Many Indian still are not aware of Dadasaheb Phalke, which is the saddest thing for me as an Indian. Marathi cinema ‘Harishchandrachi factory’ depicts the journey of life of Dadasaheb Phalke and his struggle and passion for movies. The Indian film Industry experienced many ups and downs and gave glamour to ordinary people as actors or actresses. In fact, Industry made stars. Not Stars made Industry.
Things are changed over a period –
- Indian censorship pattern change as time changes.
- With a change in cinema, technology, and subjects, is moral policing changed?
- Majorly Art movies are remaining for film festivals? Now no commercial movies are that profitable!
- OTT changed the entire game of the film Industry.
- Are parameters changing as per convenience and ideology of film censor board directors?
- Is cinema facing due to hooliganism by political parties?
- The movie Boycott trend has often become dominating.