With this development, the brand aims to ramp up its production capacity to provide consumers with a sustainable packaging option.
With rising consumer awareness of the environmental impact of plastic packaging, the demand for sustainable packaging materials has also increased. With the aim to provide environment-friendly products to its customers, Yash Pakka Limited, the pioneer of compostable packaging in India, has announced the installation of its 4th paper machine as a part of Program Jagriti, which will enable niche specialty paper from the state-of-the-art machine. This new addition will also boost plant production capacity by 100 MT, enabling the brand to cater to customers’ demands and get special grades of paper available domestically for the first time.
With this significant advancement, the brand also intends to pique the interest of existing and prospective investors. Furthermore, to strengthen its sustainability initiatives and improve the capabilities of its facilities in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, Yash Pakka Limited is launching an integrated brownfield expansion project in collaboration with AFRY. The strategic partnership will significantly help the brand to increase the support infrastructure in line with the increased output of Pulp and Paper machines.
- Additional highlights of the Program Jagriti
- Specialty paper machine of 100MT per day for solutions including flexible packaging with furnish by optimizing the strength of agro-residue bagasse.
- 100% biofuel-powered 10MW Cogen plant
- Pulp capacity enhancement by augmentation of Pulp Mill by another 75% (Environment-friendly pulp backed by enhancing the equivalent capacity of Recovery Island).
- Support infrastructure in line with increased output of pulp and paper machines.
“The demand for compostable packaging has been more than the supply with rising consumer awareness. At Yash Pakka Limited, we have taken the onus of meeting this growing need through meaningful and ample solutions. With our new 100 MT paper machine, we are concentrating on offering better packaging solutions to our customers. Additionally, the state-of-the-art paper machine will give customers access to a wider range of domestically made niche specialty papers.Jagdeep Hira, Business Head – Yash Pakka Limited,