Andhra Pradesh chief minister ys Jagan’s big boost to harness renewable sources of energy

Draft a new policy to encourage people to generate solar energy: cm ys Jagan Mohan reddy; Govt saved 33.75mu of power in Srikakulam after installation of meters to motors Illegalities taking place in the name of farmers, install meters to motors across the state: cm ys Jagan Mohan Reddy , Peak energy demand was seen in March, April & May; cm ys Jagan Mohan reddy instructs officials to be prepared for next year

In a bid to encourage more people to harness the alternative source of energy, especially solar, Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, on Thursday, instructed officials to draft a policy to increase the percentage of energy generated through renewable sources. The officials assured the CM that they would chalk out a plan to either amend the existing policy or draft a new one while reviewing the works taken up by the energy department at the camp office in Tadepalli.

“Draft a policy where we can encourage people to harness and generate energy using solar sources. Attract companies to set up power plants generating minimum energy of 500MW. If farmers are willing to give away 15 acres of land for these projects, Rs 30,000 per acre will be directly deposited every year into their accounts,” the CM noted. 

The current estimates show that about 45% of the energy added to the state’s grid demand is via Renewable sources. With the inclusion of Hydel projects, the government estimates that the energy added to the grid could be 68% of the total demand, which stands at 68,000 MU per annum.

Meanwhile, the non-renewable energy source like coal demand has also increased, especially with the Union government stating that only 90% of the supply will be borne by the Ministry of Energy while the rest, 10%, will have to be procured by states by either importing or making use of their available resources. CM Jagan instructed officials to lay down a roadmap for the peak months of March, April, and May next year and how the coal can be sourced by then. There is a need for 31 lakh MT of coal in three thermal power stations in the state. The state will be initiating the process to procure coal from Suliyari mines in Andhra Pradesh.

The officials also briefed the CM on the power consumption in the state and stated that the peak demand was seen in the months of March, April, and May, and it was met this year. The CM highlighted that a mechanism should be put in place to identify the sectors and factors affecting the rise and fall in demand for power. He instructed officials to analyze data available and categorize the energy consumption by each sector and the factors affecting them each month or year.

In the Agriculture sector, the state government has taken up a pilot project of installing meters for motors in Srikakulam. The data shows that after the installation of the meters, the government saved 33.75 MU of power in Srikakulam. Highlighting the illegalities taking place in the name of farmers, CM Jagan said that the project should be taken up in full motion across the state to curb the menace.

“In the name of farmers, many are stealing power. After the installation of the meters, the government saved over 33 MU of power. This shows how the illegal drawing power was taking place. The project should be scaled up, and meters should be installed across the state at the earliest,” the CM said.
At the cost of Rs 6756.82 crores, over 18,58,000 meters will be installed in the coming days. The CM has also instructed officials to issue letters to all the beneficiaries highlighting the benefits and illegalities taking place in their names.
This article was shared with Prittle Prattle News as a Press Release.
Must Read –Dr. Dayananda
Follow Us: Facebook Instagram | Twitter YouTube | LinkedIn Pinterest Tumblr

Related Posts

1 of 1,089